Friday, October 17, 2008

THE BUS-THE CROWD-THE CRUSH!


(The Regional Experience of a General Hazard)
In India, Kerala (state), Kannur (district), mornings, especially, working day mornings remind me one thing-only one thing----the bus –the crowd- the crush!
To catch up with the class time I strove. Others who travelled for their similar causes and for many other causes, struggled with their revived morning muscle power to get hold of a foot of standing place and one palm hold on the iron bar on the top in the bus. I could feel only one thing out of that conundrum---- the crush!!
My legs, ah! I had cleaned them with a lot of care, but now looked really dirty, after the “battle”. And the pain! Unbearable!!
After the classes when I returned I have in waiting, the same –---bus- the crowd-and the unbearable crush!!! This time it was with a little bit ease. A little bit bearable was the crush and fight. The whole day of hard work might have degenerated the powerful muscles and energetic bodies. Every one seemed to be sick with exhaustion. But still the hard heeled shoes crushed my toes and feet, and the pain was unbearable.
These were the problems with my foot. Next, the problem was with my torso. It was in a steady sway. From left to right and vice versa, it swayed. My backbone realised the shape of a bow.
I think if this situation continued, I would become a gymnastics champion, with the most flexible body (with crushed feet). To realise this dream, I prayed for the long life of the chair of our transport minister, with whose reverend ignorance, our roads are in a perfect condition for mountain trekking!!!
Every evening, tired from the inexorable journey, I massaged my legs and body. I wondered on the number of people adding up themselves to the crowd, every day, increasing the congestion. It is harrowing. Have these Indians no other job, other than INCREASING POPULATION?????

No comments: