Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Prince

While the sickle moon takes the shape of smile,
I brought my lips close, and yours-
Smiling part eclipsed.
I brought a veil of stories to support
Your sleep, in the chilling plateau,
So that you can sleep a night of peace,
Little prince, I tell you this, just sleep.
Who you are, that matters not for me,
That you are born from a female
By a male, only matters, dear.
Sleep, son of peace less world, in my lap.
Don’t wait for your mother to pour
Milk from her adorning breasts and
Father’s caresses,
For they have gone, so far, from our world.
Hear, prince of Palestine,
You sleep; no vulture will wander near us,
For we are protected by
An endlessly high wall from the world,
In a world of lifeless serenity, and eternal peace!
Sleep dear little prince. I brought the stories,
Kissed your lips,
And now I request you to sleep.

1 comment:

Terri said...

You truely have a way with words.
I have a surprise for you on my blog I hope you don't mind. I think you would agree that there is all sorts of Creativity.