Friday, July 30, 2010

Hopes

9
You feel the pain,
You shed the tears.
You lose the light,
You prefer darkness.
But you find the moon.
and the moment gives-
You back your lost smile.
You wonder why,
And hope to know it later.
Unaware of the bird of hope
singing somewhere in your mind,
Unseen. 


Dear readers,


I started off "Hopes" with a certain idea about the concept of Hope. My comprehension of hope was as a phenomenon that exists tangible and close to human subjectivity. My concept of hope was; as the realm of existence one enters after an exhausting flow of tears. And I also believed that when hopes break, tears are its aftermath. But as I moved through the poems, as you did as readers, I came across many new lessons. As Tia Terri rightly said in one of her comments, "Hope is what you do not yet possess. Because if you have it there is no longer a need to hope for it." This was a new learning. Something contrary to what I thought and believed. But I can proudly say that my art taught me something. I learned from my art.

Thank you for being part of this learning experience. Hope you continue visiting this blog. Thank you for your comments, and words that do nothing but encourage. Once we entered into the kingdom of hope, now I think, there is no going back; no tears, no desperation. I think so. Hope never ends. But the poems have to end. Surely, they will give way to more literary experiences. I hope you will find it joyful to visit again.

Yours truly,
Anulal.
The Indian Commentator.

7 comments:

Sheri said...

as it always is, your work is simple and divine. it's a little embarrassing to read, as if you've read my mind but i also understand that this is our human condition and you have recorded it well, anulal.
i am going to have to rethink this whole hope issue along with you because i disagree with how tia terri sees this hope. in the sense, it is the 'unseen' (that we hope for) that is hidden for a time...i think that our hope does have substance, it simply needs faith to give it the legs to move, and to become real.

rohini said...

the poem has such a deep meaning...beautiful

BROKEN STAR (bck agn) said...

nice

Anu Lal said...

Thank you Sheri. I am happy that our worlds are influencing each other..

Thank you Rohiniji.
And thank you Broken star...

Terri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terri said...

(Hebrews 11:1) Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.

Sherri, I really appreciate your comment...and my hope is that we share something very similar here. I do not believe I said it was hidden...unfortunately I may not have expressed myself completely sorry for any misunderstanding this may have caused.

As you can see definition of hope is not mine but comes from the passage above from the holy scriptures.. I think we can agree that we need hope along with our faith.

It can mean trust, reliance; desire accompanied with expectation of what is desired or belief that it is attainable; one on whom hopes are centered; a source of hopeful expectation, or promise; something that is hoped for, or an object of hope. The Hebrew root verb qa‧wah′, from which come terms rendered “hope,” basically means “wait for” with eager expectation. (Ge 49:18) In the Christian Greek Scriptures, the sense of the Greek term el‧pis′ (hope) is “expectation of good.”

Anu Lal said...

Hi every one, I can see a very brilliant argument taking shape in my blog.. that is great. Thank you all