Thursday, December 13, 2012

Missing

This is a recent case of girl child missing, from Star City, West Virginia, the United States.
This picture says it all. I uploaded it from my Facebook page.

I spotted this picture shared on one of my friend’s wall. I shared it on to my Facebook timeline from there, thinking it would be helpful for some aching hearts to find out where their only panacea, their lovely daughter, is.
Image Courtesy: Google
This picture has been added on this blog, to create more chances of finding Skylar Neese. And to let the family know people do care about them, even if they are miles away, on the other part of the world.

The news and search of Skylar Neese’s disappearance reminded me of a book I read about three months back: Harlan Coben’s novel Caught. I had announced a book review before two months on this book. Due to some reasons this review could not be posted until now. However, with this post my intention is to renew that promise and to let you know that the review will be out soon! Real soon!

Caught reflects on a lot of levels the agony, suspense and search in a similar missing case of a teenager. The search in the book turns pessimistic; that however, is not my point here, at all. It’s just the similarity in how a suburban family confronts such a situation that I found identifiable. Needless to say, this news of Skylar Neese generated my renewed interest in Caught.

The review will appear in another post.

May God bless the Neese family find their peace and happiness soon.
Image Courtesy: Google

2 comments:

the observer said...

Hi,

I myself found this thing in Facebook. Curse me for my silly thought because I thought that it would be such a common thing we found in FB that can very well be just a fake news. I found some such posts earlier. But I could very well check myself. Anyway, I pray to the God almighty to help the family get their daughter safe.

Anu Lal said...

Let's Pray!