Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Grace


“I know a noble heart that beats
   For one it loves how "wildly well!"
I only know for whom it beats;
   But I must never tell!
     Never tell!
Hush! hark! how Echo soft repeats,--
     Ah! never tell!”

—Frances Sargent Osgood
(First published in the Broadway Journal on September 6, 1845)
 
Image Courtesy: Flicker.com
Imagine being the moon, of being able to move away nowhere, turning away from the earth to turn back and to see the same blueness; of the nature of wandering that enables it to come back and face the same side. In writing i-poems, I feel the same, and it’s a feeling close to wonder. I come back, and face the same angel of poetry waiting for me, with unremitted passion. I am not distressed at this glorious routine, of returning at the same spot. Like a river, each time I come back to poems, they reveal something new. No one, steps into the same river twice, I remember reading somewhere.

Grace is the manifestation of the divine upon the earth. I only reflect what I see upon her face, upon the skin of her being, and upon the ground with her shadow. Call it fate or destiny; I come back to her, each time, with a different spirit. She is the reservoir of unending newness and meaning. I only decipher her, Grace.
 
Image Courtesy: Google
The first part of this new series of i-poems comes tomorrow. 


This series is dedicated to my dear Grace.

2 comments:

the observer said...

I am looking forward to reading your new series....

Anu Lal said...

Thank you for the encouragement, Sarath!